Community Service Program
Program Policies and Procedures
1. Students must pick up, complete and return the Program Enrollment Application to the STS Community Service Project Manager to enroll.
2. Once enrolled in the program, students should look on Facebook under the note section for the link that will direct them to the STS website for a listing of volunteer opportunities. Students can also directly access the STS website and look for the ‘Community Service Program’ tab.
3. Once students have picked a volunteer opportunity, they must inform the STS Community Service Project Manager who will provide them with a community service employment slip.
4. Students should now take the slip to the selected job site and begin their community work project.
5. Once the work project is completed, students must have the employer/supervisor complete and sign the community service form detailing community service completed and hours of service.
6. Completed forms must then be brought back to the Community Service Project Manager who will make copies for the students and for record keeping purposes.
7. Lastly, the Community Service Project Manager will write a letter certifying completion of service and record hours performed. The letter and additional information will then be submitted to the high school.