- images/phs/activities Not a directory
- images/rhs/activities Not a directory
Please click the particular High School for navigation to program information.
Riverside High School
As part of the Pittsburg After School Community Collaborative program, our goal at Riverside High School is to design and fill programs geared toward the enrichment and enhancement of our students. We aim to prepare our students for life after high school by teaching them skills and trades they can utilize in substantial job fields. We provide programs in a student friendly atmosphere where the students learn, train and apply the tools they have learned hands on. Upon the completion of each class our students will be equipped with the skills, tools, knowledge, experience and confidence to compete in various job fields.
Pittsburg High School
Quote- ‘Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land amongst the stars’ Les Brown
This is how we feel when it comes to every student giving it their all. We want every student to succeed. STS Academy offers High School students a variety of afterschool programs to help keep students interested in education and learning and concentrated in having a prominent future. At Pittsburg High School we provide tutorial assistance in English and Math to help students keep up with their grades and understanding of their studies. We provide academic and vocational programs and encourage every student to join our after school programs so that we can serve in edifying every students education in a fun and pleasant environment.
Program Dates & Times:
· Mastery Center- A classroom where students can come and receive assistance from college tutors in the subject of English and Math. (Tue-Fri 3:10-4:10)
· Advanced Academics- A classroom where students can come receive tutorial assistance in any subject. (Tue-Thurs 6:00-8:30)
· SAASP- A classroom where students sign up to make up a subject on an online course. Mainly athletes. (Tue-Thurs 6:00-8:30)
· AM Reinstatement (Zero Period)- A classroom where students come in to receive tutorial assistance in preparation for their High School exit exam. Subjects are in English and Math. (Mon-Thurs 7:00-8:00AM)
· Auto Shop- Instructor Andy Chavez- Students learn how to build and repair cars.
· Culinary Arts- Instructor Jaime Bolanos- Teaches culinary skills. Provides students with the tools to become culinary efficient in preparation for life upon leaving high school. (Mon-Thurs 3:15-5:30)
· Computer Technology-Instructor Joseph Pratt- Students learn to build and repair computers; add software and trouble shoot problems with Micro Soft and Adobe Software. (Wed & Fri 3:15-5:00)
· Forklift Training & Certification-Instructor James Craft- Students are taught forklift training through lecture material and get hand-on training to operate a forklift. Students who pass their exam receive a California Certification and move on to a better paying job. (Tues & Thurs 3:30-5:00)
· Teens To Teach- Supervisors Celia or Leticia- Students assist Elementary School kids with homework, special projects, and learning concepts. Great for students wanting to become teachers, counselors and mentors. (Mon-Thurs 3:00-4:30)
We encourage every parent to be involved with their child’s education, because together-student, teacher, and parents- only we can make it happen!